ForgeRock OpenIG 4 – Getting Credentials From Database
To know how ForgeRock OpenIG 4 is configured to fetch User Credentials from a Database for User Authentication (a process transparent to the User), the following Video log might help. I had posted a similar video on this space earlier, but that then the User Credentials were fetched from a Flat File (CSV). The flow isn’t quite different from that, just that a Filter used by ForgeRock OpenIG in this case is different and that we should configure the OpenIG to connect to the DB.
In the video, we’ll:
– Install the H2 Database. Create ‘Users’ table and load User data in it
– Configure OpenIG (deployed in Jetty) to connect to the Database
– Prepare OpenIG Route Configuration file to fetch User Credentials (based on a Email address) and post the data to HTTP Server, who responds with the User profile page
For those whose right side of the brain is more prominent, here’s the visual representation of what is mentioned above:
For those who don’t want to think too much looking at the illustration below, but would like to sit back, relax and enjoy watching a show, here’s the video. Enjoy!
– ForgeRock OpenIG Documentation
– Screencast on using OpenIG 3.x to Connect to a JDBC Datastore