ForgeRock is hosting the 2016 Asia Pacific Open Identity Tech Talks. To join these informal conversations on latest trends in digital identity tech, across apps, devices and connected things register at the URL as mentioned below. Hurry up, the seats are limited!
Monthly Archives: March 2016
This is an extension of an earlier post that demonstrated ForgeRock Full Stack Configuration, comprising OpenDJ, OpenAM and OpenIDM. In here we’ll plug in ForgeRock OpenIG to route traffic to/from OpenAM and OpenIDM. In the video log that follows, you’ll see:
– All urls that hit OpenIG, containing a string ‘openam’ getting redirected to OpenAM URL
– All urls that hit OpenIG, that does not contain the string ‘openam’ getting redirected to:
- OpenAM for Authentication if there is no valid User session and then on to OpenIDM UI
2. OpenIDM UI if there is a valid User sessionOpenIDM UI
So here’s the extended illustration
Now on to the video.Enjoy!
ForgeRock OpenAM – Configuring Different Realms to Use Different BaseDNs of an OpenDJ Instance as Identity Repository
The short video log that follows was prepared to answer a question raised in the Forum on the ForgeRock Community Website. It’s an easy one on how to configure two separate BaseDNs of single ForgeRock OpenDJ instance as Identity Repository for two separate Realms in ForgeRock OpenAM.
Interested to know how a ForgeRock OpenAM 13 Realm XUI was dressed up like the way it is in the picture below, take a look at twelve minute long video log embedded on this post:
Want to know what files are to be modified behind the hood to change the look and feel of ForgeRock OpenAM 13 XUI Login Page, take a look at my Video log:
ForgeRock Identity Management solution includes generic Groovy Connector Toolkit that enables you to run Groovy scripts on any external resource. You can read more about it here. Lifted verbatim from the OpenIDM 4 documentation mentioned above:”To facilitate creating your own scripted connectors with the Groovy Connector Toolkit, OpenIDM provides a scripted connector bundler. ” I followed Instructions in there (as well as in the README file of the ‘sample3’ in OpenIDM installation directory), to build a ScriptedSQL Connector to connect OpenIDM to a MySQL Database and my Video Log is below:
– How do we set a Minimum/Maximum Password length in ForgeRock OpenDJ?
– How do we impose the Users to use certain Special characters in their OpenDJ password?
– How do we have the Users use a alphanumberic string as their OpenDJ password?
– How do we create a Custom Password Validator (one that validates a Password against certain rules as the ones above)?
Well if these questions bother you, just like it happened to a friend of mine a day ago, the following video might help get some answers:
– ForgeRock OpenDJ Documentation on Password Policy
– ForgeRock OpenDJ Password Policy Part I – Service Based Password Policy [Video]
– ForgeRock OpenDJ Password Policy Part II – Sub Entry Based Password Policy [Video]